October 27, 2013

Mittens ~ Pair ONE!

It's that time again! Time to dig through the mitten bin and see if any mittens can be passed down and how many pairs I have to make. Unfortunately I have to make 2 pairs for each of my 3 siblings. My little sister (Biggest of the 3 little ones) beat her mittens up last year and they can't be passed on to the boys (They were purple, pink, and blue anyway).

I'm going to eventually make an inside pair that they can waer for the warmer days by themselves. Then a heavier outer pair, for those really cold days here in Minnesota, so they can double up. The inside pairs are going to be made out of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. The outer ones from homespun. I'm not very good at spinning yet and didn't want my spinnings to be against their skin yet. Maybe in a few years I'll be good enough. I washed my wool in cold water so it has much of it's lanolin left in it to make it more water-proof.

So without further details - here is pair one:



Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes
Color: Arctic Pool Heather and Cloud
Pattern: Mittens for Children and Adults
Notes: I LOVE this pattern and will be using it for all my up-coming mittens. I added a bit of colorwork just to make it a bit more interesting to knit.


© 2013 Simply A Farm Girl ~ All rights reserved.
http://simplyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments from readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please keep all comments pleasing to God.

Hugs,
Hannah